FAQ - About Cosmetic Surgery
1. What is the process to have cosmetic surgery in Budapest, Hungary?
- From your very first e-mail contact with BeautyHungary, you will be in direct communication with your very own patient care coordinator. This is a member of Dr. Molnár’s team who will be with you through each step of the process.
- You are welcome to a free consultation with Dr. Molnár in our private clinic at any time before scheduling your surgery. Some patients, however, will choose to travel to Budapest just prior to their procedures. In this case, your patient coordinator will arrange your first consultation appointment with Dr. Molnár on the day you arrive in Budapest or on the morning of your scheduled surgery.
- Your patient coordinator will pick you up in a private car from the airport in Budapest and escort you to your accommodation and our private clinic. Dr. Molnár will discuss the details of your surgery with you, your nurse, your surgical team, and anesthesiologist. Dr. Molnár will also discuss your postoperative care and answer all your questions about the outcome of your procedure.
- On the day of your scheduled surgery, you will meet again with Dr. Molnár. Your recovery will begin immediately after your surgery in comfortable, well appointed, and private postoperative room. Your nursing staff will be on duty 24 hours a day to provide all of your postoperative needs and will administer painkillers and medications, change your surgical dressings, and prepare all of your meals and drinks. Dr. Molnár will also visit while you are recovering in postoperative care.
- Most patients will spend 1 or 2 nights in our private clinic before returning to their accommodation. During your stay in Budapest, you will have postoperative appointments with Dr. Molnár and when you return to your home country, Dr. Molnár and your patient care coordinator, will continue following your recovery through Skype, e-mail, and phone contact.
2. What is included in the cost of the cosmetic surgery?
- Free airport – hotel and accommodation – clinic transfers
- Board certified anesthesiologist
- Painkillers as needed before and after surgery
- Creams and lotions as needed while recovering in our private clinic
- Supportive garments as needed after surgery
- 24 hour nursing care while you recover in our private clinic
- Private accommodations immediately following surgery
- Meals and drinks in post-operative recovery in our private clinic
3. What are Dr. Molnár’s accreditations?
Dr. Molnár is a board certified plastic surgeon and a member of the Hungarian Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic?Plastic Surgery Society (MPHST), the
BeautyHungary is approved for Code of Practice for Medical Tourism by Treatment Abroad
4. Will my insurance cover the cost of cosmetic surgery?
UK citizens can take advantage of Free Spirit Travel for Treatment Insurance which covers over 150 procedures (link here), provides Emergency Medical Expenses, repatriation and cancellation, specific coverage for complications occurring after 48 hours and up to 31 days abroad, dedicated UK based customer services team, and cover in the event of financial failure of your travel or accommodation provider.
Worldwide residents should discuss their individual insurance options with their patient coordinator and Dr. Molnár.
5. Is my cosmetic surgery guaranteed?
BeautyHungary guarantees all surgical implants used in procedures on breasts, buttocks, cheeks, and chin.
BeautyHungary wants all patients to feel 100% satisfied with their cosmetic surgery procedures. A small number of patients might return for a minor correction or revision, which will be arranged on an individual basis.
6. Will there be a visible scar after the surgery?
Unfortunately incisions are unavoidable in these types of surgeries. Any time a cut is made in the skin, there will be a scar. However, incisions are usually made in areas of the body that are not visible. Due to technological advancements and the techniques used, methods now exist that minimize the size of these scars. As time passes by, scars eventually fade; how fast they do depends on the type of the incision or surgery and also varies from person to person.
7. How long does an operation take?
The length of the operation depends on the procedure. Usually surgeries take an average of 1-3 hours. This doesn’t include a pre-surgery prep time and the recovery time.
8. Who is a candidate for plastic surgery?
If a person has realistic expectations and an understanding of the limitations of his/her own body, that person is a good candidate. Good patients have a strong self-image, and well-developed reasons for pursuing a plastic surgery procedure. They don’t want plastic surgery just because a spouse or boyfriend tells them to have it.
9. What are the risks with plastic surgery?
Like any other surgeries, plastic surgery carries some risks, such as bleeding, possible infection, bad reactions to anesthesia, and others. Because of this, we ask our patients to strictly follow our surgeons’ before and after surgery instructions.
10. What about smoking? Does smoking cause complications?
We ask patients to quit smoking 2 weeks before the surgery and for 3-4 weeks afterwards. Smoking interferes with the healing process and can cause complications.
11. How much pain will I feel after my surgery?
It depends of course on what kind of cosmetic surgery you are going to have. There is no surgery that comes without pain and discomfort. Tummy tuck surgery and breast augmentation (implant under muscle), which involve the muscles, are usually more painful than other procedures. After the surgery, patients can take painkillers and other medications prescribed by the surgeon.